Tuesday, May 22, 2012

That is how I'll remember you...

How I remember you...

I claim to be happy
I claim to be free
Yet I cry when I remember you and me
I was given your love before God gave me earth
I felt your love from the inside of the womb
That was then my world when God gave me you
You were outside on earth already pouring love in
I heard the depth of your love with your kind voice in my protected world
AH! My first breath of fresh air
Your first hug so warm and dear
Water gently cleansed my then tiny body
I still remember the brush strokes of the hair
I wish I could be taken there
Into your protective arms I will forever endure

I grew into a little flower so delicate and pure
You took my hand listened to me when I cried
Gave me your shoulder
The care you give it ran over until I was older
You teach right from wrong
I cry and still a shoulder to cry on
I hurt less than you but you still pick me up
Your pain not seen because you cared so much

You become ill and you fight through
As a poisonous tumor now runs through you
So strong you are
I have pain and you care for me still without caring for you
Even though the poison feels like a knife forever grinding inside you
Now you are TOO ill and I CARE FOR YOU
I stroke your head and your feet too
You can barely eat but I give you water and ice
I massage your helpless feet
I leave you alone to fight your defeat
I rest in my bed that night not knowing again we will never meet
I rush over to your side stroke your face and again I cry
There you were too ill to lean on my shoulder
There you were too ill to utter my name
Now you are gone and to God I feel it's a shame
That a beautiful Angel has been taken to Heavens eternal grave
Just today I grieve for you
Tears fill up in my eyes
The thought again of someone you love who dies
As someone else has come into my life it seems they take the place of you
Yet deep down inside I know NO ONE can
As I have always loved YOU from before time, through light and all of eternity
Still the absence of you burdens me....



A poem about one of the loves of my life, my love for her and her fight with Cancer.
Rest in Peace

By Nina Pottinger

No comments:

Post a Comment